Finding the right childcare setting for your baby or young child can seem overwhelming. As a parent, you want to ensure that your child is safe and happy in a childcare environment that is fun, educational, and nurturing.
There are many different types of childcare to choose from including day nurseries and pre-schools to the more homely environment of a registered childminder.
It's always worth checking their latest Ofsted report to ensure that your chosen childcare provider has been awarded a Good or Outstanding grade by Ofsted. Ofsted reports can be accessed at www.ofsted.gov.uk
For more information on childcare choices within Bournemouth, please visit the childcare section of the Bournemouth Borough Council Website.
Early Education Funding for Two, Three and Four Year Olds
Early Education Funding is money provided by central government to ensure that all three and fout year olds have access to quality early years education. This funding also applies to some two year old children as well.
All funded children can have up to 570 hours of early education funding per year, with a maximum of 15 hours of funding within any one week and a maximum of 10 hours per day.
The funding begins the term after the child's second or third birthday.
For more information on Early Education Funding within Bournemouth, please visit the childcare section of the Bournemouth Borough Council Website.
The Children's Information Service
We provide free, impartial information and advice on childcare, children’s centres, early education, funding and family support within Bournemouth.
Our friendly team are here to help you make the right choices for your family and can provide support and information on:
- Childcare available in Bournemouth including childminders, day nurseries and pre-schools
- Early Education Funding and how you can access this for your two, three or four year old
- Tax credits and childcare vouchers to help with the cost of registered childcare
- Lists of local childcare tailored to your family’s particular requirements
- Signposting to services for children with special educational needs
- Starting school and how and when to apply for a place
For a warm welcome and helpful advice, please do get in touch by phone, email or if you prefer, come and see us.
Tel: 01202 456222